Wednesday 6 May 2020

GIRAFFES

Great writing today ...



My first swimming race…


The giraffe in this clip reminds me of my first ever swimming race.
I had not long turned 8 years old and mum asked the Head Coach at Jasi swim club
if I could participate in the Club Splash night. I was still having swimming lessons in the
other pool at Jelly Park, not the big deep pool where James trained and where the Splash
night would be held. The coaches agreed to me swimming and I was entered into the 50m Freestyle.


I remember the butterfly feeling I had in my tummy when I was waiting to marshall
for my race. James stayed with me so he could listen for my name and make sure
I was standing in the right place with my heat. I knew I could swim 50m but my legs
still felt heavy and my butterflies were flapping around non stop now. My biggest worry
was diving off the block in front of everyone. I tried not to think about belly flopping or my
foot slipping or leaving too soon or my biggest fear of all, diving in and my togs falling down
and everyone would see my bottom and laugh!

My heat was called up to stand behind the blocks. I stood there behind block 5,
I knew where mum was sitting so I glanced up to her, she was giving me the thumbs
up and smiling. I put my goggles on and pushed them in onto my eyes so they would
suck onto my skin. Standing behind the block it seemed huge, higher than I thought it
would be. I gave my legs a couple of slaps and then the whistle blew to tell us to climb up
onto the block. My right foot is at the front with my toes curling over the front edge and my left
foot is at the back but only my toes are touching the block. My hands are either side of my front
foot and are gripping the block. I can see my knuckles turning white because I’m holding on so
tight, hoping not to fall into the water. The buzzer sounds to start the race and I push hard with
my legs, up and out over the water. I'm in the air and my arms are in a tight streamline position
with my fingers waiting to break the water. My chin is down on my chest and my eyes are
looking at the bottom of the pool. I hit the water and I’m off. My legs wake up and start
kicking and my arms are pulling me through the water. And I’m happy to say my togs stayed on!!
By Michael



A beautiful day and it is a new day, a giraffe came out and
went to the pool another giraffe came and another there is a
lot of giraffe on the screen. The giraffe went to the pool dive they
don’t know how but they live.  There the pool is huge the giraffe can
drink water the giraffe can dive down and play. Two other giraffes help them to
flip them and dive down. This is fun for the giraffe. The giraffe can show, it is because
humans train them into high dive so they can play and high dive. They had a lot of fun.
By ZHIBO


Coming out of the changing room getting ready for my dive. 
Walking down the pathway nervously I get ready and go I ran and dived
splashing into the pool I was cold shivering running back up ready to dive again
same thing but I run even faster he’s running in at incredible speeds  I have never
seen anyone run that fast before he jumps and does a backflip I get out of the pool and
I go for a sip of water i go back into the changing room walking out
and getting into the bus going back to school.

By ALECK


GIRAFFES CAN DIVE

IF I WAS A GIRAFFE I’D BE SURPRISED 

those two giraffes they MUST hurt their neck!

They should have a turn or they are put in a net!

Inside the net because of the zoo.THE ZOO THE ZOO!

The 1000 giraffes start to turn blue….

They are now put in the zoo aka animal prison, all trapped in there in that cage

But someone here to SAVE THE DAY!

Out they come one..by..one.out of the cage and HAVE SOME FUN!

By KIMBERLEY



G reat at doing backflips


I ncredible at jumping off the top diving 


R eally really funny when they try to lick their b**** when they do their backflips


A mazing how the giraffe flips the other giraffes


F unny when the giraffe points it’s tongue at the camera 


F ull of lots and lots of laughter


E ven if you’re an animal you can still make your dream come true  

      

BY LEVI


No comments:

Post a Comment