Monday 20 April 2020

MONDAY 20 April

I have been reading lots of writing this morning. Great work....


Here are some extracts of what I have read. 

My big race starts the night before with a yummy light dinner made by mum. I finish my dinner and wash it down with a glass of water and then head to the couch to snuggle up with my family and watch a movie. At the end of the movie mum tells me it is time to go to bed, I don't mind having an early night the night before my big race because it gives me time to think about my race tactics and what my plan is going to be on race day. I lie in bed and think about the Starter calling us to, “take your marks, set” and then I hear the bang of the gun…

I wake up the next morning and have breakfast and get my gear ready. I lay my rubber spikes out, my running singlet and shorts. As I get dressed into my athletics gear, my tummy starts to get butterflies and I start to feel sick. I know I am going to have this strange nervous feeling until I push out of my starting crouch position. 

We arrive at the track and I have about forty minutes before my race. I head over to the back straight and start my warm up. I practice my starts, I swing my arms to open up my lungs, I do a few leg swings to help warm up my legs so that I won’t pull a muscle during my race. After a few 50m strides up and down the back straight I can feel my body is warm and getting relaxed but I still have my butterflies.

My heat is being marshalled up to the start line and I am extremely nervous now. I start slapping my legs and taking some deep breaths. The Starter calls, “take your marks”, I’m in lane 4 and I have my friend and biggest competition in lane 5 right next to me. “Set”, I raise my hips up and lean over my shoulders keeping my head down, my weight is forward putting pressure on my fingers. Bang, we’re off. I keep my head down for about ten metres and I drive my arms and push explosively forward, slowly lifting my head looking straight down to the finish line. I haven’t got time to think about my butterflies now, all I want is that finish line.

By Michael



Like a skilled martial artist waiting for the perfect time to strike, the athletes waited until BANG!!!they sprang out of the starting blocks with crazy amount of speed, after a few seconds they were as fast as a bullet

Racing for the bullseye. She caught a glimpse of two, no three athletes passing her.She knew she had to win she had been practicing for ages just for this day so she channeled all her energy for the last moment when the other athlete thought she was going to win she shot like a rocket and managed to to get first place YAY, she was very proud of herself and she remembered that day for the rest of her life. By Darren


Running faster than a car I sped through the race.

All of other athletes were catching up ...

I sprinted towards the finish line still seeing them behind me.

I sprinted. I was running out of energy.

I started jogging I was sure I would lose but all of them were tired as well so I jogged

I used the last of my energy, to run through the finish line and win.

By Darius




 Superman woke up from his dream of dancing lollipops and answered the phone.
It was their boss calling them for them to save the rarest species of snake the black mumba. 
Superman woke his wife and told her the mission.
She pulled out her hair curlers and said “let's do this.”
With his wife on his back, superman flew to Taronga Zoo for the job.
When they arrived the boss was waiting at the front  running in circles saying
“ oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.”
As he flew Superman called “NEVER FEAR SUPERMAN IS HERE’
His wife pulled his ear ‘ OH AND SAME WITH SUPERWOMAN’
The manager ran to greet the pair and told them the story “ please find them we need them for the party for all our old and new
zookeepers to show them the snakes .
“ don't worry we'll find them “ said superman “ and bring them to the party for you too”
added superwoman
“ thank you and good luck” said the manager  “ thank you” ..... to be continued.
By Lucy


RING RING RING…..
“Margaret somebodys calling on the telephone.”
“Where, I can't hear anything.”
Turn your hearing aid up.” Cyril beckoned into Mmargarets ear.
“My hairy legs? They're not that bad are they?”said Margret, offended.
“I don't care about your hairy legs, somebody’s calling on the phone, can you please answer it!”
Margret picked up the phone “hello, office max front desk speaking.”
“No, no superman and superwoman”.
“Oh, hello, superwoman speaking”
“Help my wifi isn't working and I think I’m going to faint.”said a little voice coming from the other end of the line. “I’ll send you a free gib thing and it works, just try it.”called superman.
Oh, it works, thank you so much superman and superwoman.”
“Okay bye now.”they chorused.
“That was a lot of work don’t you think?”said Margret.
“Okay good night.”
ZZZzZZzzzZzZzZZZzzZZZZZzZzzzZ………...
By Savannah


No comments:

Post a Comment