Friday 9 June 2017

Week 6

Another week has flown by and it seemed short as it was short:)

We have all missed Sojin and Jo Woo this week We hope they are both enjoying being back home.

This week we had an assembly which was run by ESOL and we had a few dancers from Room 19  up on stage performing.

Passion Time has been going well and all of the students are working their goals around this time. They set a goal related to our new Ilam Shcool vision then reflect on it after Passion time. 

READING and WRITING has been related to Volcanoes.What new vocabulary have you learnt that is related to the Earths volcanoes. 

SPORT: Due to wet weather on Tuesday we do not have our lunch time sports training but we had games today. It was so good to be out int he sunshine playing. Well done to all students who remember to bring their uniforms and gear every week. Our Basketball team has been going very well. They have now had 3 games and they have won 2 and drawn one. Keep up the great work.

WEEK 7: Next week is shaping up to be a very busy week. 

MONDAY: Puss in Boots performance in the morning

TUESDAY: Year 6 students visit Kirkwood Intermediate: Year 5 students will be split amongst Room 2, 3 & 4

Sports training at lunch time

WEDNESDAY: Basketball training at lunch time

THURSDAY: Run A Kilometre for Kids:  Yay this is supporting one of my favourite charities. 

Below is a link so check it out to find out more about the charity you are running for. 


Click on the link ...KIDS CAN





13 comments:

  1. Can't wait for run a k for kids :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! Especially for the surprise.

      Ysabella

      Delete
  2. I hope that you enjoy your visit to Kirkwood Intermediate - it will be a good to compare to Cobham :)

    Have a great run on Thursday for a very good cause - you have done well with your sponsors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to run a k for kids.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait till thursday

    dylan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of exciting stuff going on! Love these updates. And go the Ilam Thunder bball team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Run a run a km for kid is going to be awesome I can't wait.
    Methuki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope we raise a lot of money for kids can so that we can provid the kids with rain jackets and more clothing to help the children.
    Luca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Umi, it will be so awesome! I have really missed Sojin and Ji Woo,
    But I definitely am sure they are having a great time.
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a busy week last week. I am looking forward to eating my sausage and cheering everyone on on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so bad for the kids without the basics I am great full for my belongs I am happy with how much money I raised for kids can . I find that we aerial sponsoring our ilam .
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Dylan, I can't wait till Thursday. It's going to be a spectacular day.
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Adam i am so exsited for tomorrow it will be lots of fun and i hope we have racied lots of money.
    george

    ReplyDelete