Thursday 9 June 2016

Matariki

We have had another busy week in Room 19. 

It was great to see the students who were able to make it at the Matariki celebration. Talking to a parent today after school, she felt the same as me...there was a great amount of learning from presenters. 








\
Students were read stories about Matariki

As part of the learning Room 19 prepared Rewena paraoa which is traditional Maori bread. First we had to make a potato bug and then leave that for about 24 hours. The next step was to add flour, salt and sprinkle over baking soda and knead for 10 minutes. Adam, Niamh and Charles were great at doing the kneading. 

Today we all worked in the Tech room making Pumpkin and Kumara soup. There have been mixed thoughts about the soup. Most of us loved the bread though.




7 comments:

  1. I liked the matariki evening it taught me heaps about matariki that I didn't know.The pumpkin soup and rewena bread were delicious !!!!
    By Umi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread was so yummy I loved it but I didn't really like the soup.
    The matariki night was amazing but I didn't get the time to look in the telescope.

    CLEMENCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yum:)
    By Poppy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Matariki celebration was awesome and I'm glad some of you managed to be there to find out more about the celebration and the meanings behind the stars of Matariki. Well done on the Rewena Paraoa baking and soup making too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum I love love love pumpkin soup!


    Gracie rm1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Gracie

    Thank you so much for your comment. We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete